Skillzone Pro Soccer Academy’s vision and purpose
Welcome to the Pro Academy centre,
designed to help maximize the development potential for all players. This training program is European based coaching, run by European coaches with European philosophy and looks at giving children the pathway and environment to become the best possible player they can be.
We are looking for players who have the ability, attitude, desire and are coachable. We can provide the platform for you to reach the next level.
We would encourage players with a passion for soccer and the experience of playing soccer for state, clubs and school at a high level to consider the program.
With only 16 available spots per age group to allow for sufficient player to coach interaction. Bookings will be taken on a first come, first in basis. Shepparton will be our first Pro Centre to open and will run along alongside our newly opened development centres around the region. Our Cobram Academy is scheduled to open term 1 2021.
All of our coaches are UEFA and FV Qualified and hold a current WWCC. With experience of working at English Premier League Academies as well as all over the world, this program will be unique with the coaching and playing experience of Elite staff.
Our Pro Soccer Academy will offer a Premium service to all players including:
- Coaches with experience of coaching and playing with English Premier League Academy players.
- All coaches have UEFA and FV Qualifications.
- premium training equipment
- 1 hour sessions
- Every Monday, 8 week program per school term. Full year round training. (32 sessions)
- Potential to enter national tournaments and Soccer tours (Subject to Covid Restrictions)
- Holiday camps
- First priority re-booking system for every child. (each term for holiday programs and Elite Soccer Academy program)
- 3 age specific groups U8s/U10s/U12s
- Free Nike Skillzone kit for every first booking every year.
- Access to the some of the best soccer facilities in Victoria
- Planned age specific 32 week soccer program which consist of 3 main
components (shown below):
- Ball manipulation and ABC (Agility/Balance/Co-Ordination) warm up: A technique first used in Holland and at one of the world’s leading organisations. This proven method has helped children gain key eye and foot coordination habits at their fundamental stage of development and prepare players for the tactical stage of the game.
- Tika Taka training method: We’ve all heard of it and seen some of the best teams in the world do it a possession based style of play with an end product. This part of the session we shall work on specific skills such as basic passing, dribbling and shooting then within the older age groups progressing onto some more in depth training like body shape when receiving the ball, scanning the pitch, ball speed
and the 3 second rule of moving off the ball.
- Game with a purpose: This is the part of the session which we all love the game and here at skillzone we encourage children to use their imagination to make mistakes and most importantly learn from those mistakes. Every game has a purpose whether it’s concentrating on defending, scoring goals or keeping possession this mix will help players showcase all aspects of the game during our sessions and hopefully reach their potential.
Please note that this is a training program only and we would encourage all children who participate, to continue to develop and play with their local teams and schools to showcase their skills they will learn with us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Pro Academy